Emory University Data Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Requisition ID:
JOB DESCRIPTION: Creates and maintains a data dictionary and meta data. Supports efforts to ensure that data standards are developed and maintained. Ensures that the uses of data through reports and queries are accurate. Supports business and system re-engineering and architecture development to define future data needs. Serves as an organizational consultant on matters relating to databases by providing expertise to assist users in meeting their needs. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of experience in processes and standards related to data OR a bachelor's degree.
School Of Public Health
This position involves::
• Knowledge of web-based survey development in Survey Gizmo or similar tools such as ACASI, Qualtrics, RedCAP, etc.
• Ability to work independently to identify logic flaws, invalid responses, and other issues in web-based survey data and develop solutions for larger team
• Regularly downloading data from multiple sources, including online surveys, labs, spreadsheets, app data, etc.
• Using reports and other tools to support study recruitment and retention
• Excellent working knowledge of SAS. Experience with other programming languages a plus.
• Experience working with relational database structures such as Microsoft Access, SQL, or other form collection tools
• Outstanding organizational skills, ability to work with quantitative data, basic understanding of epidemiology and biostatistics, familiarity with epidemiologic/medical terminology
• Able to handle multiple tasks at once; meet deadlines, familiar with databases, detailed, flexible, able to manage relationships
• Experience with work related to HIV, sexual minorities, and social/sexual behavior
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster a good working relationship on team and multisite studies
Minimum Hourly Rate $:
Midpoint Hourly Rate $:
Minimum Annual Rate $:
Midpoint Annual Rate $:
Additional Job Details:
PRISM seeks a Research Data Analyst to provide data management and epidemiologic support to research projects focused on HIV prevention programs and app-based interventions. The individual would be responsible for development of data collection tools, such as web-based survey and case report forms (CRFs), and for daily data-related study management and reporting.
Key Job Functions:
• Program web-based surveys in Survey Gizmo
• Conceptualize and design CRFs
• Develop documentation such as data dictionaries
• Develop detailed scenarios for survey testing and create systems to manage the testing process
• Manage day to day research and programmatic activities as they relate to database development and database management for research projects and programs
• Develop creative solutions independently or as part of a team to solve data issues and facilitate study management
• Collaborate with project Principal Investigators and lead staff to determine needs and develop custom databases tailored according to specifications
• Maintain, repair, manage, and update databases; provide programming for projects on an ongoing basis
• Manage data sets and conduct data cleaning to facilitate data export to statistics packages.
• Create Standard Operating Procedures with respect to database management and database development. Develop best practices for data collection and storage
• Conduct basic statistical analyses for epidemiological studies
• Other duties as assigned