Emory University Executive Administrative Assistant(Goizueta's Deans Office) in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Requisition ID:
872010:GBS: Accounting Area
Provides administrative support to the highest level of administration within the organization, primarily consisting of board-approved or reviewed executives and central senior academic and administrative deans reporting to the Provost or Dean of the School of Medicine. Examples are limited to a Dean of a College or School, Vice President, President or Chief Executive Officer of an affiliate, etc. Handles meeting and conference logistics; prepares and monitors budgets and project proposals; researches and compiles information for reports and presentations, including chart and graph preparation; manages office preparations. Maintains calendar for one or several executives and ensures appropriate preparation for daily activities; may coordinate domestic or foreign travel arrangements. Reviews incoming correspondences to executive and forwards appropriately or, based on a knowledge of recipient's views, may respond for them. Leads meetings addressing specific operational issues and develops recommendations and action plans towards their resolution. Assists in the administration and interpretation of policies and procedures for the organization and department. May supervise and schedule clerical and secretarial staff, initiates paperwork for employee transactions, and assists in investigating and resolving employee issues or concerns. May act as a spokesperson for departmental inquiries. Performs related responsibilities as required.
• Five or more years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Adaptable to competing demands and demonstrates high level of customer service
• Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
Emory University’s Goizueta Business School, a top ranked institution, offers a unique, community-oriented environment paired with the academic prestige and of a major research institution. Goizueta trains business leaders of today and tomorrow with an Undergraduate degree program (BBA), a Two-Year Full-Time MBA, a One-Year MBA, an Evening MBA, an Executive MBA (Weekend and Modular formats), a Doctoral degree and a portfolio of non-degree Emory Executive Education courses
Executive Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
Working closely with the Dean and other members of the Dean’s office at Goizueta Business School specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborating with and working on behalf of the Dean, Chief of Staff and other members of the leadership team as needed to create win-win situations for direct access to the Dean’s time.
• Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; managing email; completing expense reports; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Traditional working hours for this role are 8 am to 5pm.
• Being accessible via email, text messaging, and phone during nontraditional work hours.
• Communicates verbally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders and executive partners.
• Following up on incoming issues including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
• Planning and executing dinners, receptions, and other special events on and off campus.
• Managing the operations of the Dean’s Office to ensure it operates at a high level with minimal interruptions.
• Prioritizes conflicting calendaring and other needs.
• Follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Providing professional, efficient, and courteous customer service to all stakeholders and guests.
• Hiring, training, and managing student workers and undergraduate interns.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications or a related field and three years of office administration or senior secretarial experience, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. Previous experience with various personal computer software applications. Positions in this classification may require the ability to type or keyboard 60 accurate words per minute.
Goizueta Business School
Executive Administrative Assistant(Goizueta's Deans Office)
This position involves::
Minimum Hourly Rate $:
Midpoint Hourly Rate $:
Minimum Annual Rate $:
Midpoint Annual Rate $:
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its programs and activities. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Inquiries should be directed to the Office of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Bldg, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).