Emory University IPS Mgr Sr, Operations in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Requisition ID:
981485:Task Force for Global Health
JOB DESCRIPTION: Provides leadership in planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating day-to-day building operations for a division or department including the following functions: maintenance, renovations, purchasing, security operations, special events, mail distribution, copy services and telecommunications. Oversees all building maintenance needs, coordinates new and renovation construction projects with the contractors and serves as the liaison with Facilities Management and outsourced copy vendor. Full participation in building committee and long term planning with faculty and lead administrator. Ensures expenses are consistent with the budget for assigned areas of responsibility. Charged with maintenance, selection and purchasing authority for all furniture and facility equipment. Interviews, selects, supervises and monitors the work flow of department staff, work-study students and temporary workers. Takes necessary actions to address issues and resolves problems related to safety, parking and other security issues. Ensures coordination and setup of all special events, to include contract negotiation with caterers and other providers. Hands on management of outsourced copy services, including personnel and accounting for cost allocations to various programs and departments. Performs related responsibilities as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor's degree. Five years of operations experience in education or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
The Task Force for Global Health
IPS Mgr Sr, Operations
This position involves::
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment.
• Responsibility for follow-up on actions based on various team projects.
• High organization skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgment and personal initiative.
• Build strong internal and external relationships using effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Recognize and act on opportunities; adjust direction when situation warrants.
• Work independently without regular direct supervision.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service.
Minimum Hourly Rate $:
Midpoint Hourly Rate $:
Minimum Annual Rate $:
Midpoint Annual Rate $:
Additional Job Details:
BACKGROUND: The Task Force for Global Health is an Emory University affiliate located in Decatur, GA. Its eight programs focus on building durable public health systems that serve all people. Focus areas include neglected tropical diseases, vaccines, and health systems strengthening. The Task Force received the 2016 Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize–the world's largest award of its kind–in recognition of its extraordinary contributions to alleviating human suffering.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Mgr. Sr, Operations provides overall facility and operations management support to The Task Force for Global Health. Primary responsibilities include continuous monitoring of facility, working with the Senior Facilities Manager to handle routine facility/asset management operations, procurement of facility and operations supplies and services, coordinating services and repairs, and a variety of other tasks related to the day-to-day operation of the facility, including:
• Provide general overall facility management services to 120,000 feet of office space including continuous monitoring of office/facility.
• Assist with the coordination and scheduling of maintenance activities. Such as carpentry, systems, cleaning, elevators, building access, etc.
• Provide basic building maintenance repair assistance as needed.
• Interface with client, visitors, and guests.
• Provide facility specific assistance to the building tenants.
• Ensure appropriate follow up with customers.
• Provide direction/information to vendors and service providers as required to ensure excellent coordination and execution of work.
• Properly and effectively assist with administration and maintenance of all security and card access systems.
• Assist with analysis, research, and reporting.
• Maintain inventory and coordinate the ordering of supplies.
• Provide support for meetings and conference room reservations as needed and directed, including pre- and post- meeting assistance.
• Assist the Sr. Facilities Manager in all aspects of project implementation as needed.
• Represent the facilities department in meetings to support and facilitate communication and action between departments and/or tenants.
• Support the development, implementation, revision, and enforcement of operational, emergency, and safety policies.
• Assist in the processing of invoices and payments with accounting and finance team.
• Support in management of facility management software systems, including receiving work requests, assigning work orders, and entering system data.
• Assist with planning and implementation of space plans, office moves, and new employee on-boarding in relation to facilities and operations.
• Support emergency on-call coverage
• Other duties as assigned.
Participate fully as a member of the Task Force for Global Health by contributing to, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested