Emory Healthcare Manager, Infection Prevention, 8a-4:30p in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Title Manager, Infection Prevention, 8a-4:30p
Job Requisition ID 73168BR
Operating Unit/Division Emory Healthcare Inc.
Campus Location Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
Department 442160:EHI Office of Quality
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Work Shift Day
Specific Work Hours 8 AM - 4:30 PM
PRN Position? No
Job Description Work with the Epidemiologist and other Infection Preventionists to plan, organize and direct the entity specific day to day operations related to monitoring, prevention and control of infection. Serves as a consultant on infection prevention issues and assists in providing a safe environment. Participates in developing and implementing infection prevention policies and procedures. Meets with other staff members to discuss performance improvement activities and develop future courses of action. Ensures TJC/CMS/DPH standards are met and complied with by staff. This position will provide 20% of it's efforts devoted to administrative duties. The remaining 80% will be to support infection prevention activities. Collaborates with leadership in the Office of Quality leadership to develop the annual budget for the Infection Prevention Departments. Supervises and performs annual performance evaluations on other Infection Preventionists as appropriate. Conducts infection prevention rounds. Collects, organizes, and analyzes data and generates and provides accurate and complete reports for management and/or regulatory agencies. Interprets applicable regulations and establishes filing and auditing procedures to ensure records and files are accurate and in compliance. Evaluates risk of transmission of infectious agents and implements quality performance improvement initiatives to provide a safe environment for patients. Performs structured surveillance for monitored healthcare associated infections using nationally established standards and evaluates incidents, trends and threshold information on other infections as needed. Works with the infection prevention team to conduct cluster and outbreak investigations; institutes control measures as needed. Ensures staff compliance with Standard Precautions and blood-borne pathogen policies/procedures. Serves as consultant on infection control issues. Assesses needs and develops and implements staff development and training and in-service programs as appropriate. Serves as principle member of the Infection Prevention Committee and participates on other committees and in research studies as appropriate. Conducts specific focus studies as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in a healthcare or related field and five years Infection prevention experience, or master's degree in related field and three years Infection prevention experience. Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia preferred. Certification in Infection Control required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
Minimum Hourly Rate $ 34.04
Minimum Annual Rate $ 70803.2
Midpoint Hourly Rate $ 47.32
Midpoint Annual Rate $ 98425.6
EEO/AA/Individuals with Disabilities/Veteran Employer