Emory University Research Admin Coord, Sr in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Requisition ID:
816000:SPH: Global Health
Assists in managing administrative activities associated with research projects including training and supervision of personnel, grant and budget preparation, data management and statistical analysis and adherence to applicable regulations. Assists in preparing budgets, monitors expenditures and prepares financial reports. Manages databases including data collection, coding, analysis and storage. Assists in developing and submitting grant proposals; monitors grant expenditures and advises principal investigator of changes in reporting or accounting requirements. Serves as project liaison to other departments, outside organizations, government agencies and product representatives. Oversees the preparation of operational and statistical reports for management and regulatory agencies. Ensures project is administered according to research protocol. May assist in recruiting and interviewing patients/subjects, developing and conducting tests and surveys, gathering or abstracting data or making presentations. May conduct literature searches and assist with publications. Supervises staff by orienting, training and giving them ongoing performance feedback. Performs related responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION:
Assist PI, Project team with grants and progress reports.
• Assists with research project task management
• Orders lab supplies for international research projects
• Tracks lab specimens from research sites
• Keeps track of research grant spending across multiple grants
• Responsible for IRB submissions working with the research team.
• Prepares grant progress reports.
• Prepares first draft by gathering information and quotes needed for grant budgets,
• Prepares biosketches.
• Assists with graphs, charts and/or data needed for grant submission.
• Update other support form and submit for RAS review.
• Manage IRB, CITI and Biosafety submissions and renewals.
• Works as liaison with other departments/schools, agencies, program staff, international contacts/collaborators, program officers of the funding agencies.
• Works closely with RAS pre-award personnel.
• Maintains a list of publications to be used regarding specific grant-related activities.
• Maintains PhD/Post-doc/Pre-doc data for training grant submissions.
Responsibility for fiscal oversight (budget monitoring/tracks expenditures) of accounts.
• Prepares ejournals, RSTs, order supplies, pays invoices, prepare expense reports.
• Reconciles corporate card transactions and report any discrepancies to JP Morgan.
• Recommends options for addressing budget issues by keeping manager informed of account status. Authorizes expenditures and identifies cost alternatives identify areas of potential budget issues.
• Works closely with RAS post-award personnel.
Provide administrative support to the Foege Chair in Global Health.
• Handles scheduling of meetings
• Coordination of travel arrangements
• Composes letters and other reports
• Coordinate special meetings/events with project staff, collaborators and funders; speaker schedules for courses
A bachelor's degree in a related science field or business management and two years of related professional experience, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training. Note: An approved CAS Exception is required for anyone who is charged to a federal grant or contract under this job code.
School Of Public Health
Research Admin Coord, Sr
This position involves::
Prefer prior experience working in the Emory community on international and domestic research projects
Minimum Hourly Rate $:
Midpoint Hourly Rate $:
Minimum Annual Rate $:
Midpoint Annual Rate $: