Emory University Research Specialist, Lead in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Requisition ID:
834250:ECAS: Emory Inst for Drug Disc
Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of specialized and complex research and laboratory tests and procedures.
Uses independent judgment in applying or adapting scientific techniques.
May assist in protocol design. Investigates and proposes alternative experimental procedures for consideration by a principal investigator.
Assists in planning and scheduling research procedures.
Analyzes and interprets results of studies.
Demonstrates and trains others in the proper use/operation of laboratory techniques and equipment.
Calibrates, troubleshoots and performs routine repair and maintenance of equipment.
Reviews literature for related research developments and techniques and compiles findings.
Monitors laboratory processes to maintain quality assurance standards.
Records results of studies, compiles and analyzes data and prepares charts and graphs.
Monitors the handling, storage and disposal of hazardous substances.
Performs related responsibilities as required.
Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
Bachelor's degree in a scientific field and two years of research experience, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. DATE CREATED/MODIFIED/REVIEWED: 06/08/06 AMM
Research Specialist, Lead
This position involves::
Involve potential exposure to hazardous chemicals., Involve working with animals.
The employee will be an experienced laboratory researcher working with cell cultures and rodent studies. Will manage day-to-day lab operations.
Minimum Hourly Rate $:
Midpoint Hourly Rate $:
Minimum Annual Rate $:
Midpoint Annual Rate $:
Additional Job Details:
• Primary cell culture assays
• Culturing and maintaining mammalian cell lines for metabolism assays
• Setting up and/or designing animal PK, efficacy and tolerability studies, including drug dosing and blood sampling by various methods
• Performing cell proliferation assays
• Drug solubility measurements
• Planning, scheduling and implementing experiments
• Writing or providing input for experimental protocols
• Recording, analyzing, interpreting and reporting results
• Laboratory maintenance activities such as ordering supplies, maintaining and operating equipment
• Monitoring the handling, storage and disposal of hazardous substance