Emory Healthcare Assistant Director, Food & Nutrition Services in Atlanta, Georgia
We are seeking a high energy Assistant Director for Patient Food & Nutrition Services. Previous experience working with room service operations in a high volume, high acuity healthcare facility strongly desired. The successful candidate will have a passion for working in an interdisciplinary team approach with others to satisfy the needs of patients and deliver the highest quality care and service to patients. In this role, you will support our Director in leading the Food & Nutrition department team responsible for patient meal preparation and delivery.
• Directing the management of approximately 70-80 FTEs across three buildings. This includes recruitment, hiring, scheduling, developing and revising competencies to meet the needs of the operation; providing on-going coaching/counseling, orientation and training/development for staff. The position is supported in this capacity by managers and lead food and nutrition associates.
• Directing the management and coordination of room service operations located in two buildings as well as the service of advance food production meals to patients in a separate rehab facility.
• Planning, implementing, evaluating and revising the daily operations for patient food and nutrition services to provide quality meals and service within approved manpower and expense budgets.
• Developing, establishing and monitoring quality standards and improvement measures; directing data collection, storage, analysis, operations and statistical reporting activities for management and regulatory agencies.
• Developing, implementing and revising inventory procedures, production management plans and work schedules for the responsibility area based on census levels.
• Working with the clinical nutrition manager and clinical dietitians to plan for and meet the nutrition needs of a high acuity level inpatient population.
• Working with others to coordinate planning and operationalizing program necessary changes in CBORD and EeMR required to facilitate the effective delivery of meals and nutrition services to patients.
• Maintaining a mutually supportive working relationship with patient experience leadership and the nursing unit directors to support the delivery of high quality patient meals and nutritional care services for specific patient populations.
• Planning menus for room service and rehab meals and coordinating the purchase and printing of menus to support the operations. This includes coordinating with Emory University Hospital Midtown and the Call Center to ensure changes integrate with and support those operations.
• Working closely with the executive chef to plan and test menu items to meet the needs of the patient population and planning and implementing new meal programs as needed.
• Assisting with planning and oversight of the foodservice experience for interns in an accredited dietetic internship program. This includes teaching classes for the dietetic internship, developing assignments to support the patient services portion of the foodservice rotation and precepting interns when in the rotation as well as guiding precepting by others.
• Ensuring compliance with all regulatory standards for the responsibility area.
• Planning, administering, and monitoring a portion of the department's capital equipment, operations, and personnel budgets
• Coordinating with others to facilitate the repair and maintenance of equipment within the responsibility area and the purchase and installation of equipment, as needed.
• Participating in the development and implementation of department policies and procedures in accordance with state, federal, and organizational guidelines.
• Working closely with other members of the department leadership team to coordinate efforts across work areas.
• Participating on committees and ad hoc groups as requested.
• Performing other related tasks as needed and for which the incumbent is qualified.
A bachelor's degree in hotel/restaurant management, food and nutrition, dietetics or other related field. Master’s degree preferred. Registered/licensed dietitian required. Four or more years of experience, with a minimum of two years in a high volume facility. Previous food service management experience in a high volume room service operation required. Previous supervisory experience required. Must be Serv Safe certified or attain certification within 6 months of hire, if not certified at time of hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock , Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Division Emory Univ Hospital
Campus Location Atlanta, GA, 30322
Campus Location US-GA-Atlanta
Department EUH Food & Nutrition
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Job Number 24765
Job Category Food Services & Dietetics
Standard Hours 40 Hours
Emory Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices and decisions. Emory Healthcare prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age (40 and over), disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.