Emory University Assistant Director of Career Services (BBA CMC) in atlanta, Georgia
Manages the on-campus recruiting program for a school or division. Develops the overall recruitment strategy. Establishes and maintains corporate contacts with directors, human resources managers and vice presidents. Serves as the primary liaison between corporate recruiters, students and the career center. Determines employer needs and manages the logistics of the on-campus recruiting program including interviews, corporate presentations and job fairs. Resolves space, equipment and scheduling issues. Develops strategies to ensure effective communication between students, recruiters and the career center. Prepares statistical reports to track student placements and other trends. Manages web based student software that communicates on-campus recruiting information to students. Coordinates special projects as necessary. Supervises student staff. Performs related responsibilities as required.
• Undergraduate degree required (business undergraduate degree preferred, masters preferred either in business, higher ed, counseling or similar)
• 3 to 5 years of counseling, career services, university relations or marketing experience preferred
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Sharepoint, and Handshake strongly preferred
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
• Provide career education and counseling to undergraduate business students
• Engage in 1:1 career coaching with undergraduate business students; support BBA CMC programming
• Academic advising and planning for undergraduate business students
• Manage departmental data, job posting, and events in career services management system (Handshake); serve as liaison to software provider
• Primary departmental liaison with Handshake and Emory Career Center regarding Handshake issues
• Assist employers and students with Handshake (postings, etc.)
• Manage all BBA CMC external email accounts and calendars; check inboxes and distribute/respond to messages appropriately
• Track calendar of events for all related groups – BBA CMC, BBA Program Office, Goizueta and Emory Alumni Associations, Academic Calendar, MBA CMC
• Manage external website, BBA Portal sharepoint site, execute portal announcements and updates, assist other staff as needed
• Primary departmental liaison with Marketing & Communications for external website, employment reports
• Social media - daily updates to all social media to include Facebook, Instagram, and BBA Portal
• Create content and source job postings for weekly CMC newsletter emails to all students during the academic year
• Coordinate with BBA Program Office staff to provide event planning support including: room reservations, catering arrangements, marketing and logistics execution
• Assist with logistics and details of career treks; travel to support career treks and alumni events on an as needed basis
• Assist Sr Director in operations for Professional Development course
• Provide support to Asc Director of Coaching for career coaching program
• Work with BBA Program Office staff to manage track CMC expenditures weekly
• Select and purchase CMC marketing materials/alumni and employer gifts
• Some evening and weekend responsibilities during the academic year
• Some travel – approximately 10%
A bachelor's degree. Two years of experience in career planning and placement or a related field.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Job Number 15307
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division Goizueta Business School
Department GBS: BBA CMC
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable
Job Category Admissions & Student Life
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled