Emory Healthcare/Emory University Assistant or Associate Professor - Cardiothoracic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future.We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Emory University’s Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery seeks three full-time fellowship trained Cardiothoracic Surgeons at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to join a robust team. An appointment at the level of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor is anticipated, depending upon the candidate’s qualifications. All three of these positions will practice adult cardiac surgery at one or more Emory hospitals, including call coverage. Candidates will be considered based on their particular experience and long-term career interest in one of the following required areas:
• Robotic Cardiac Surgery,
• Complex Aortic Surgery, or
• Heart & Lung Transplantation
Summary of Duties:
• Serve as a cardiothoracic surgeon for the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery within the Department of Surgery with an active inpatient and outpatient practice, with coverage and practice responsibilities across Emory-owned and affiliated hospitals.
• Participate in efforts to provide outstanding clinical care, maintain/improve quality and patient safety, access to and management of clinical trials, and developing/refining innovative strategies in the field of adult cardiac surgery.
• Have particular efforts focused in the areas of interest noted above (robotic cardiac surgery, complex aortic surgery, or heart & lung transplantation).
• Participate in committees, peer review, present cases in the M&M case conferences, manage patient workups and procedures according department guidelines, and adopt any tools and/or technologies deemed part of the practice of adult cardiac surgery.
• Participate in clinical research within the Division as well as efforts to secure extramural funding.
• Participate in the education and mentorship of medical students, residents and fellows and other rotators through the cardiothoracic surgery service.
• Board certified in Cardiothoracic Surgery
• Cardiothoracic surgery fellowship
• A valid, unrestricted medical license to practice medicine in the State of Georgia
• A controlled Substance Registration Drug Enforcement Administration Certificate
Emory Healthcare is the largest health care system in Georgia, and the only health network in the state that brings together a full range of hospitals, clinics, and local practices.
Positioned in northeastern Georgia at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Atlanta is a vibrant, tree-canopied city consisting of many neighborhoods, each displaying its own unique characteristic. This capital city boasts permanent, professional, resident companies in all major performing arts disciplines, four major team sports franchises, over 300 parks and nature preserves, a temperate climate, a world-class restaurant scene, and more than 30 colleges and universities. Atlanta is one of the fastest growing U.S. cities, with a greater metropolitan population of over 6 million, and the world’s busiest airport located a short ride away.
Interested applicants should apply online to be considered.
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Emory University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 47039
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: Surgery: Thoracic
Location : Name Emory University Hospital
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials.
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs