Emory Healthcare/Emory University Assistant/Associate Professor - General & GI Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future.We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Emory General and GI Surgery Division, with The Emory University School of Medicine and Department of Surgery, is seeking a full-time faculty member at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. This is an academic position requiring teaching and research responsibilities, in addition to clinical work.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
• Serve as a general surgeon for the Division of General Surgery / GI within the Department of Surgery with an active inpatient and outpatient practice specializing in general surgery and bariatrics.
• Participate in the clinical education, training and development of residents through practice-site rotation activities and conferences.
• Participate in the development of unique and collaborative clinical research specific to the Robotic Surgery program.
• Board Certified General Surgeon
• Successful completion of a 2 year general surgery fellowship in a nationally recognized program
• A valid, unrestricted medical license to practice medicine in the State of Georgia
• A controlled Substance Registration Drug Enforcement Administration Certificate
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 51485
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: Surgery: General
Location : Name Emory Hospital Midtown
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials.
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs