Emory Healthcare Associate Director, Food & Nutrition Services in Atlanta, Georgia
We are seeking a high energy Assistant Director for Patient Food & Nutrition Services. Previous experience working with room service operations in a healthcare facility strongly desired. The successful candidate will have a passion for working in an interdisciplinary team approach with others to satisfy the needs of patients and deliver the highest quality care and service to patients. In this role, you will support our Director in leading the Food & Nutrition department team responsible for patient meal preparation and delivery.
• Directs the management of approximately 70-80 FTEs across three buildings. This includes recruitment, hiring, scheduling, developing and revising competencies to meet the needs of the operation; providing on-going coaching/counseling, orientation, training/development for the staff. The position is supported by managers and lead food and nutrition associates.
• Develops and executes strategies for the responsibility area that support the strategic direction of the department and the organization.
• Directs the management and coordination of room service operations located in two buildings and the service of advance food production meals in a separate rehab facility.
• Supports the Clinical Nutrition Manager in the formulation and execution of a strategic direction for nutrition care practice.
• Plans, implements, evaluates and revises daily operations for patient food and nutrition services to provide quality meals and nutrition services. This includes menu planning.
• Establishes quality standards and improvement measures; data collection, analysis and statistical reporting.
• Plans, administers, and monitors a portion of the department's budget.
• Maintains a supportive working relationship with patient experience leadership including nurses, physicians and other managers.
• Ensures compliance with regulatory standards for the responsibility area.
• Assists with managing the foodservice rotation for dietetic interns.
• Participates on committees and ad hoc groups as requested.
• Performs other related tasks as needed and for which the incumbent is qualified.
Bachelor's degree in food and nutrition, dietetics or other related field. Registered/licensed dietitian preferred. Master’s degree preferred. Four or more years of experience, with a minimum of two in a high volume facility. Previous supervisory experience required; previous room service experience strongly preferred. Must be Serv Safe certified or attain certification within 6 months of hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock , Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Division Emory Univ Hospital
Campus Location Atlanta, GA, 30322
Campus Location US-GA-Atlanta
Department EUH Food & Nutrition
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Job Number 24765
Job Category Food Services & Dietetics
Standard Hours 40 Hours
Emory Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices and decisions. Emory Healthcare prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age (40 and over), disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.