Emory Healthcare/Emory University Chief Research Officer and Executive Vice Chair in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops Research Strategy that is well-aligned with the Children’s strategic plan and is geared toward changing the way care is delivered to save lives and to have a high impact on child health, enhancing the national prominence of Emory Pediatrics and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
• Define tactics to deliver excellence and develop programs to enhance Emory Dept of Pediatrics and Children’s reputation and recognition as a national leader in pediatric research
• Executes on Research Strategy based on prioritization and allocation of resources.
• Serves as Chair of the Research Advisory Council and oversees the Directors of the Pediatric Research Centers.
• Coordinates resources across themes and services.
• Provides leadership and mentoring to research faculty and staff
• Provides leadership in the development of new research initiatives and research training programs.
• Accountable for financial performance, demonstrating stewardship of resources and working closely with business partners to drive optimum financial performance and viability.
• Serves on the Academic Quasi-Endowment Governing Committee.
• Partners with Foundation in fundraising efforts and accountable to develop cases for support to achieve targets.
• Serves as a catalyst for change related to research integration activities.
• Participates in developing and implementing approved plans for expansion and improvement of research services.
• Fosters a collegial atmosphere that supports successful recruitment, retention and development of a diverse inclusive team of outstanding researchers.
• Capitalizes on research talent throughout the organization and develops succession plans for the next generation of diverse leaders.
• Maintains a level of individual research and scholarly achievement through publications, successful grant funding and national presence.
• MD and/or PhD.
• Prior service in leadership role and advancing experience in program/academic leadership over 5-10 years.
• Nationally or internationally recognized investigator.
• Record of outstanding productivity in clinical and/or laboratory-based research in an area relevant to child health.
• Demonstrated acumen in addressing challenges in pediatric clinical care through high impact research and innovation.
• Success in competing for extramural grant funding, particularly NIH.
• Working knowledge of research federal, state, and local regulations, the NIH and other potential sponsors.
• Qualified to obtain an academic appointment at Emory University at the rank of Professor or Associate Professor.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated success in effective system-level strategic and operational messaging.
• Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with multiple constituencies.
• Ability to develop positive working relationships and a culture of collaboration across the system at all levels to ensure success of research.
▪ Promotes efforts in the Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) space for faculty and staff. Demonstrates cultural awareness and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• A track record of driving results. Demonstrated business and financial management skills including how to manage expenses, consistently achieve budgets, measure, and improve outcomes. Demonstrated delivery of goal achievement.
• Ability to create a People first culture that demonstrates respect for individuals and recognizes their value to the organization.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 109288
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: Peds: Administration
Campus Location (For Posting) : City Atlanta
Location : Name Emory Campus-Clifton Corridor
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable
Required Documents Letter of Interest, List of References
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs