Emory University Data Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Requisition ID:
Reporting to the Data Manager in the Emory Office of the Registrar, the Data Analyst will support the translation of student record data into dashboards and reports to drive institutional strategy, performance and decision-making. The Data Analyst will ensure that the uses of data through reports, queries and BI solutions are accurate. This role will play an integral part in supporting Emory’s investment in the new Student Data Warehouse through client and community engagement, serving as an institutional consultant on matters relating to both the data warehouse and BI reporting solutions, by providing expertise to assist users in meeting their needs.
Creates and maintains a data dictionary and meta data. Supports efforts to ensure that data standards are developed and maintained. Ensures that the uses of data through reports and queries are accurate. Supports business and system re-engineering and architecture development to define future data needs. Serves as an organizational consultant on matters relating to databases by providing expertise to assist users in meeting their needs. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of experience in processes and standards related to data OR a bachelor's degree.
• Proficient community engagement and client-facing abilities
• Proven analytical skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to support assumptions and complete descriptive and exploratory analyses
• Comfortable learning new data analysis techniques independently and continuously
• Understanding of BI best practices/methodologies, relational database management concepts, dimensional data modeling, data warehouse concepts and reporting techniques
• Ability to work directly with end users to ensure results meet their needs
• Strong interpersonal skills, capable of writing recommendations and interacting with Emory colleagues and internal clients on complex topics
• Ability to present clear, concise reporting on concurrent projects and issues
• Knowledge related to FERPA compliance, adherence, and enforcement
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
EVP Provost Academic Affairs
This position involves::
Minimum Hourly Rate $:
Midpoint Hourly Rate $:
Minimum Annual Rate $:
Midpoint Annual Rate $:
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its programs and activities. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Inquiries about this statement should be directed to the Office of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Bldg, Atlanta, GA 30322.