Emory Healthcare/Emory University Department of Anethesiology -ACTA MS Rotation Director in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future.We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Qualifications and Responsibilities: ACTA MS Rotation Director
ANES-MD 920_AN01 - Cardiothoracic Anesthesia & Critical Care
• Must include subspecialty expertise and qualifications acceptable to the Review Committee.
• Must include current certification in the specialty by the American Board of Anesthesiology or the American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesiology, or subspecialty qualifications that are acceptable to the Review Committee.
• Must include current appointment as a member of the anesthesiology faculty at the primary clinical site and serve > 50% clinical time in cardiothoracic anesthesia.
• Must include demonstration of completion of an adult cardiothoracic anesthesiology fellowship, or at least three years of participation in a clinical adult cardiothoracic anesthesiology fellowship as a faculty member.
• Must include certification in advanced peri-operative transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) by the National Board of Echocardiography (NBE).
• Must include at least one year of post-fellowship experience in clinical adult cardiothoracic anesthesiology.
• Must include privileges to perform peri-operative TEE.
• Schedule and coordinate senior medical students (Emory and visiting):
o Assign students daily when they are rotating in the cardiothoracic ORs
o Connect students with ICU attendings and anesthesiology residents rotating in ICU
• Inform students of any department and division conferences
• Complete end of rotation feedback with each student and any required evaluations
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 86661
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: Anesthesiology: Admin
Campus Location (For Posting) : City Atlanta
Location : Name Emory Hospital Midtown
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials.
Required Documents Cover letter, Letter of Interest, List of References
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs