Emory Healthcare/Emory University Faculty Position - Surgical Specialties OB in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future.We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Department of Anesthesiology at the Emory University School of Medicine is seeking board eligible/board certified and fellowship trained obstetrical anesthesiologists to join our Emory University Hospital Midtown Surgical Specialties team.
Staffed exclusively by Emory University School of Medicine faculty, Emory University Hospital Midtown is a tertiary-care medical center in the heart of midtown Atlanta. The Emory University Hospital Midtown Maternity Center has a growing obstetrical service approaching 6,000 deliveries per year, serving both routine and complex obstetrical patients.
As a member of the faculty, physicians actively engage in the tripartite mission delivering high-quality clinical care, participating in innovative research, and educating medical students, future anesthesiologists and anesthetists.
Emory University’s anesthesiology program includes 48 residents and 20 fellows in ACGME programs such as cardiac, critical care, OB and pain medicine.
• Obstetrical service covers 18 delivery rooms and 5 obstetrical operating rooms
• Robust and collaborative care team model provides exceptional resources and peer support.
• Medical Direction: 1:2, 1:3.
• Full call responsibilities split between main OR and L&D
• OR case mix includes general surgery, ENT, orthopedics, gynecologic surgery, urologic surgery, plastic surgery, surgical oncology, vascular surgery, neuro-spine surgery, oromaxillofacial surgery, the radiology suite (interventional, MRI, CT), and the endoscopy suite (gastroenterology and pulmonary)
• Faculty supervise anesthesia residents on advanced OB and ENT rotations, as well as OMFS residents in the main OR
• Salary is rank-based with additional productivity-based compensation for call and evening/weekend work.
• D., D.O., or foreign equivalent.
• Eligible to apply for a medical license in the state of Georgia.
• American Board of Anesthesiology board certified/eligible.
• Fellowship trained OB anesthesiologists preferred
• Initial academic rank is based on prior experience and a detailed CV review – positions available for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor.
• Criteria for faculty appointment include excellence across clinical care, clinical teaching, and scholarly activity.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 86664
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: Anesthesiology: Admin
Campus Location (For Posting) : City Atlanta
Location : Name Emory Hospital Midtown
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials.
Required Documents Cover letter, Letter of Interest, List of 2 Recommenders
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs