Emory Healthcare/Emory University General Pediatrician in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Division of General Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine at Emory University’s School of Medicine is seeking a board eligible/ board certified general pediatrician. We are looking for either part-time OR full-time applicants.
· Responsibilities will include providing primary care to pediatric and adolescent patients at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Hughes Spalding in downtown Atlanta, GA.
· Additional responsibilities include supervising and teaching residents and medical students. Experience in graduate medical education is preferred. Applicants are expected to have outstanding clinical and teaching skills for precepting residents and medical students.
· The faculty member will join a large group of academic general pediatricians and adolescent medicine providers located in metro Atlanta. The position will be part of Emory University’s Department of Pediatrics.
Clinical opportunities may include:
· Scholarly work in areas of interest
· Opportunities to initiate and participate in clinical research and quality projects.
· As a member of the academic division, there are ample opportunities to initiate and participate in scholarly projects.
· There is also the unique opportunity to enroll in our institution's Junior Faculty Development Program which is a program designed to assist junior faculty in achieving a successful and fulfilling academic career.
· Opportunities to practice in other settings may arise as the division expands its footprint.
· Academic rank is commensurate with experience.
· Professional development stipends will be provided.
· The Division of General Pediatrics is composed of 18 full and part-time pediatricians and sees patients at Hughes Spalding Hospital, an affiliate of CHOA and Grady Hospital. The Division provides both inpatient and outpatient general pediatric care and enjoys excellent collaborative relationships with other pediatric subspecialists and colleagues at Morehouse School of Medicine.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 112057
Job Type Temporary Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: Peds: General
Campus Location (For Posting) : City Atlanta
Location : Name Grady Hospital
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Position involves clinical patient contact., Working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials.
Required Documents List of References
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs