Emory University Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis, Surgical Services in atlanta, Georgia
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis serves as key liaison between the Emory Clinic Finance, School of Medicine Finance, the Emory Clinic Patient Finance Services (Emory Clinic professional fee billing) and Emory Medical Care Foundation (Grady professional fee billing) – these represent central finance offices on the EHC, School of Medicine and Grady levels and include finance and accounting in clinical, research and education missions. This position will oversee Surgical Services finance staff members – including the Emory Clinic and Emory University staff of approximately 3 direct reports with indirect oversight of other staff that have financial roles on Emory affiliate budgets (Grady, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta) and roles over special projects tracking (leadership packages, start up packages).
Responsible for the development and analysis of financial information that is utilized to help establish the business objectives and departmental direction.
Responsible for the annual operating and capital budget processes, management reporting and support of related financial systems, and coordination of financial analysis projects among the staff within the department.
Coordinates budget development process with administrative leadership to insure accurate and achievable budget estimates.
Assists with review and approval of sectional budgets and presentations to various governing bodies of the enterprise.
Develops and periodically reviews key financial and performance indicators to monitor the performance of the operation.
Institutes various budget variance reporting tools to help insure proper management decisions are implemented in a timely fashion.
Reviews and analyzes key operating statistics, analyzes performance variations and prepare summary presentations for executive and sectional review.
Responsible for maintenance of accurate and organized accounts payable records.
Monitors and investigates variances in clinic operating budget and various university account budgets.
Coordinates preparation of ad hoc financial reports as needed based on specific needs.
Collects and analyzes data as needed to support financial/operational improvement projects.
Prepares monthly deficit report on university accounts for leadership.
Prepares and distributes monthly financial expense reports for University managers.
Develops and maintains physician profiling data for assigned practices.
Initiates and periodically reports on Relative Value Units (RVU) status and progress towards incentive for physicians and on for non-physicians in the program, as applicable.
Assesses needs and develops and implements staff development and training programs as appropriate.
Provides administrative liaison responsibility for assigned programs.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, 7 years of related experience required, preferably in healthcare with a MBA or CPA preferred OR 4 years experience required preferably in healthcare with a MBA or CPA required.
• Oversees annual budget process for the Emory Clinic and School of Medicine budgets. Includes oversight of final budget meetings and reports in EPSI, Axiom with summary reports from Research Administration Service Center (RAS).
• Partners with Department and section administrators on the implementation and management of faculty compensation plans.
• Oversees the production of monthly and quarterly operating reports for research, education and clinical missions. This includes financial trend and forecasting reporting.
• Manages the process of all faculty and staff earning distribution and full time equivalent (FTE) changes post budget. This includes proper recording of approved budget salaries and expenses as well as approved changes in the year when someone’s work is shifting between campuses, missions, etc.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Job Number 26799
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: HR/Fin-Surgery
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable
Job Category Revenue Cycle & Managed Care
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its programs and activities. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Inquiries about this statement should be directed to the Office of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Bldg, Atlanta, GA 30322