Emory University Network Analyst/Technician in atlanta, Georgia
Work days and hours may vary and will be assigned based on business needs. Candidates must be flexible and able to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a central university office position Responds proactively and reactively to enterprise-wide voice, data and wireless issues and server issues. Utilizes fault isolation and repair techniques to quickly isolate root cause.
Monitors assigned ticketing queues, monitors applications such as SMARTS, handles customer phone calls, monitors network performance and prepares statistics to document incidents and provide history for future reference and research. Acts as a subject matter expert on network communications and supports other IT staff to troubleshoot and resolve network issues at the customer premise.
Monitors, reviews, assigns and accepts trouble tickets in all assigned ticketing systems to ensure all tickets are resolved within Service Level Management guidelines. Responds to alert notifications received via supplied monitoring tools such as SMARTS to reduce impact of potential issues.
Performs troubleshooting to clear or identify issues at the OSI layers 1 through 3. Interacts with IT departments to drive issue resolution. Interacts with customers to obtain additional information, provide status reports and evaluate short and long-term solutions. Follows up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved. Follows up with customers to close incident reports and confirm resolution of incident. Responds to requests from Data Engineers and Field Services Technicians to verify connectivity of interfaces. Interacts with Data Engineers and Field Services Technicians to move interfaces into the appropriate Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs).
Troubleshoots sources of non-functioning switches and routers to diagnose issues, to restore service and to support work performed on-site. Monitors, reviews, assigns and accepts WOs in all assigned ticketing systems to fulfill customer requests. Reviews requests for accuracy to ensure requirement information is gathered for completing work and resolving issues within established deadlines.
Utilizes web-based system management tools to fulfill IP address assignment requests. Utilizes system tools to review available IP addresses and to assign addresses to customers. Completes the IP address registration process to update DNS and to support network management activities. Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma and two years of relevant IT experience, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
-Preferred Education and Experience
· Associates or Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· Valid Georgia Driver¿s License and insurability
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations v3 certification
· Network Administration certification(s) (e.g., Cisco Certified Network Administrator [CCNA], etc.)
· Strong working experience in relational database, SQL, and related technologies
· Strong working knowledge of ticketing systems (e.g., Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.)
· Working knowledge of the command line interface
· Working knowledge of SMARTS (Ionix), Netcool (Tivoli), NetIQ Operations Center or equivalent systems
· Familiarity with DNS BIND, Wireless and VoIP
· Working knowledge of Control¿M
· Working knowledge of production support tools and systems (e.g., MVS, Millennium, JES, CICS, $AVRS, VTAM, Siemens Building Facilities, etc.)-67427BR
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Job Number 15182
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division LITS: Library and IT Services
Department LITS: Tech Ops Center -Evening
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable
Job Category Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled