Emory University Nurse Clinician in Atlanta, Georgia
• Coordinate services/care across multi-disciplinary team including hematologists, orthopedics, physical therapy, social work, psychology, primary care physicians, surgeons, dentists, home care companies, outreach staff, etc.
• In coordination with Nurse Practitioner/Physicians, monitor hospitalizations, assist with any discharge planning regarding bleeding disorder management and monitor home health care for persons not trained in home infusion.
• Support Nurse Practitioner/Physicians in the development of treatment plans for hemostasis coverage for surgeries, dental treatment, management of target joints, etc.
• Provide education for patients, families, and other providers
• For pediatric patients, teach home infusion principles: (including Universal Precautions), assist and support the Hemophilia of Georgia, Inc. (HOG) outreach staff in their efforts to teach home infusion and to reinforce the importance of Universal Precautions
• Manage patient care issues including documenting appropriately in institutional electronic medical records as well as patient contacts (visits, phone calls, ER visits, etc.) diagnoses, medications, surgeries, bleeding histories, pertinent lab results, x-rays, etc. into program database, Clinical Manager
• Facilitate intra and extra team communication around patient care, e.g., Patient Care Conferences
• Respond to patient calls/questions promptly and provide advice on clinical issues
• Assume role of principal liaison, along with the patient, for health care decisions between the Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC) physicians and the health care providers in the community, including HoG, local primary care physicians, blood bank directors, dentists and other providers.
• Generate bleed management plans for patient to present to outside providers as appropriate, e.g., Emergency Rooms
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia. Four years of recent Registered Nursing experience (within the past five years) of which two years of nursing experience must be in a related specialty.
In addition you will be asked to obtain CITI, GCO and HIPAA certification
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Job Number 34982
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: Peds: HemThrom
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials.
Job Category Nursing
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its programs and activities. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Inquiries about this statement should be directed to the Office of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Bldg, Atlanta, GA 30322
- Emory University Jobs