Emory Healthcare/Emory University Nurse Clinician in Atlanta, Georgia
• Coordinate services/care across multi-disciplinary team including hematologists, orthopedics, physical therapy, social work, psychology, primary care physicians, surgeons, dentists, home care companies, outreach staff, etc.
• In coordination with Nurse Practitioner/Physicians, monitor hospitalizations, assist with any discharge planning regarding bleeding disorder management and monitor home health care for persons not trained in home infusion.
• Support Nurse Practitioner/Physicians in the development of treatment plans for hemostasis coverage for surgeries, dental treatment, management of target joints, etc.
• Provide education for patients, families, and other providers
• For pediatric patients, teach home infusion principles: (including Universal Precautions), assist and support the Hemophilia of Georgia, Inc. (HOG) outreach staff in their efforts to teach home infusion and to reinforce the importance of Universal Precautions
• Manage patient care issues including documenting appropriately in institutional electronic medical records as well as patient contacts (visits, phone calls, ER visits, etc.) diagnoses, medications, surgeries, bleeding histories, pertinent lab results, x-rays, etc. into program database, Clinical Manager
• Facilitate intra and extra team communication around patient care, e.g., Patient Care Conferences
• Respond to patient calls/questions promptly and provide advice on clinical issues
• Assume role of principal liaison, along with the patient, for health care decisions between the Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC) physicians and the health care providers in the community, including HoG, local primary care physicians, blood bank directors, dentists and other providers.
• Generate bleed management plans for patient to present to outside providers as appropriate, e.g., Emergency Rooms
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia. Four years of recent Registered Nursing experience (within the past five years) of which two years of nursing experience must be in a related specialty.
In addition you will be asked to obtain CITI, GCO and HIPAA certification
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Division School Of Medicine
Campus Location Atlanta, GA, 30322
Campus Location US-GA-Atlanta
Department SOM: Peds: HemThrom
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Job Number 34982
Job Category Nursing
Standard Hours 40 Hours
Emory Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices and decisions. Emory Healthcare prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age (40 and over), disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs