Emory Healthcare/Emory University Patient Care Assistant, FT, 7a-7:30p in Atlanta, Georgia
• Performs assigned patient care and observation duties under the direction of a Registered Nurse, including but not limited to: cleaning the patient's room, operating various clinical equipment, helping with emergencies, assisting with patient procedures, collecting and transporting patient specimens and completing applicable forms.
• Greets visitors, answers and screens incoming telephone calls; provides information or takes messages and distributes them to appropriate employee to meet caller's needs.
• Receives and transcribes data related to physician's orders according to established guidelines. Maintains clerical and related unit supplies; places orders to replenish stock.
• Accepts, verifies, and stores supply deliveries upon receipt.
• Assists in the use of bag-valve-mask device, TED stockings, oxygen, suction equipment, incentive spirometer, and emergency cart.
• Operates converter chair, lifts, scales, beds, stretchers, wheelchairs, non-invasive BP monitors, some components of Quicknet monitors, automatic thermometers, sphygmomanometer, computer and pulse oximeter.
• Promptly and courteously responds to patient requests via the patient intercom system.
• Relays appropriate information to appropriate staff for immediate attention.
• Reinforces patient and family teaching. Prepares room to receive patient; sets up necessary equipment and ensures neatness and cleanliness of room.
• Transports and collects patient specimens throughout hospital, and contributes to the completion of admission, discharge, transfer, and death procedures and forms.
• Performs vital signs and records information; reports observations and records significant and unusual information regarding patients to the Registered Nurse.
• Observes color, consistency, amount and odor from drainage tubs; records information and notifies Registered Nurse of findings.
• Participates in shift report. Makes the necessary arrangements for medical tests, supplies, equipment, treatment and special dietary needs.
• Assists Registered Nurse in providing patient care according to individual needs; observes IV site appearance, assists with range of motion, ambulation, patient transfers, diet, elimination, hygiene, performs pre-and postoperative procedural care, and assists with respiratory functions/procedures.
• Assists in emergency situations as directed by the Registered Nurse.
• Participates in the orientation of staff to the unit and precepts new, temporary, and float nursing technicians to the unit.
• Promotes a supportive and healing environment so that customer and staff satisfaction are enhanced.
• Supports cost efficient/effective delivery of care.
• Participates in unit-based and hospital-wide Continuous Quality Improvement Program.
• One year of experience which includes direct patient care, OR the successful completion of a nursing assistant training course, or currently enrolled in a RN program and completion of 2 clinical rotations, and clerical experience.
• Previous experience with various computer applications.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification in accordance with the American Heart Association required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Medium-Heavy) 36-75 lbs, 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 20-35 lbs, 34-66% of the workday; (frequently); 10-20 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 75 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 35 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking; Occasional sitting; Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing); Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure; Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors; Communicable diseases; Electrical shock; Floor Surfaces; Hot/Cold Temperatures; Indoor/Outdoor conditions; Latex; Lighting ; Patient care/handling injuries; Radiation ; Shift work; Travel may be required; Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators; environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Division Emory Univ Hosp-Midtown
Campus Location Atlanta, GA, 30308
Campus Location US-GA-Atlanta
Department EHM Nephrology-62
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Job Number 73358
Job Category Clinical & Nursing Support
Standard Hours 36 Hours
Emory Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices and decisions. Emory Healthcare prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age (40 and over), disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs