Emory Healthcare/Emory University Post Doctoral Fellow - Marcus Center in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future.We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Helps design and conduct research within a specified field while receiving advanced training from a designated Principal Investigator to enhance professional skills and research independence needed for pursuit of a career. The specific area of research in which the trainee is mentored is determined by the department and laboratory of the Postdoc. Designs and evaluates experiments. Develops new ideas that promote current research. Prepares and publishes scientific manuscripts under the direction of the Principal Investigator. May be responsible for operation of specific equipment. May teach techniques to others, train, and supervise research staff. Positions are temporary appointments as a research trainee. The initial appointment is for one year, renewal expected if progress is satisfactory and funds are available. Appointments cannot exceed five years.
I. Clinical Service:
• Provides patient care which complies with the Professional Staff Bylaws, rules and regulations and Children's policies and procedures.
• Participates in and incorporates Quality Improvement and research findings into practice.
• Provides and/or serves as a resource for patient/family and staff education.
• Provides an authenticated report of all services rendered and maintains accurate and complete records in an acceptable manner.
• Completes necessary documentation and ensures communication in a timely manner to facilitate patient care and appropriate reimbursement.
• Provides supervision as appropriate to allied health providers and/or support staff in the clinical area.
• A commitment to a model of care centered on inter-professional and collaborative teams of service delivery.
• Actively support research activities underway in the Language and Learning Clinic.
• Seek additional opportunities to support and lead research efforts as time and interest allow.
• Provides direct supervision for trainees, ensuring adequate opportunities for training through teaching, patient contact, case review and research.
• Participates in meetings/activities as required to support operations of the clinical area and the organization overall.
• Participates in activities that enhance professional development.
• Completes and maintains any additional specialty training/certifications as required by the assigned area.
• Participate in the development of goals for the department including research, quality and customer service initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A doctoral degree or equivalent (Ph.D., M.D., ScD., D.V.M., DDS etc) in an appropriate field. Excellent scientific writing ability and strong oral communication skills. The ability to work effectively and collegially with colleagues. Additional qualifications as specified by the Principal Investigator.
• PhD and BCBA-D
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients and families and as a team member.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 64405
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: Peds: Marcus Center
Location : Name Emory Campus-Clifton Corridor
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials.
Required Documents Cover letter
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs