Emory University Public Health Program Asc in Atlanta, Georgia
Under limited supervision, uses a basic knowledge of public health principles to analyze, develop, implement, and promote new and creative strategies and solutions to address public health issues and challenges. Addresses public health issues by providing education, technical assistance, advocacy, public awareness, and research. Works with programs or studies designed to evaluate the prevalence or surveillance of public health issues and the effectiveness of targeted interventions. May provide technical assistance to organizations to include presentations, web-based resources, strategies, and educational forums to address specific public health issues.
May work with clinical study sites on patient recruitment and data collection standards. Assists with data collection and data analysis. Contributes to proposals, protocols, data analysis plans, reports, manuscripts, and presentation of study findings. May assist in designing, developing, and conducting targeted training initiatives. May collaborate with external organizations to develop action plans and goals to achieve specific objectives. Performs related responsibilities as required.
A master's degree in public health, a master's of science degree in public health or health education, or a master's in development practice from an accredited school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Serves as the content manager for several online community peer networks for public health clients to include project management, e-newsletter development, posting of new content, customer service, and basic site analytics and reporting.
Assists in designing, developing, and editing educational materials, support resources and tools, trainings, workshops, curriculum, and web-based products for various chronic disease and risk factor programs nationwide.
Works with Departments of Health and community grantees on community engagement and community mobilization initiatives.
Provides technical assistance and support for Emory Centers webinar series and events.
Assists with social media messaging and communications for Emory Centers.
Conducts and/or assists in the quality control process and evaluation of training and technical assistance projects and programs
Seeks funding opportunities and assists in grant writing
Conducts thorough and accurate research on chronic disease topics and literature reviews
Supports Emory Center senior staff and collaborative teams
- Work with undergraduate and graduate students to complete tasks.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Attainment of an MPH or equivalent degree is required. Demonstrated skill in people relationship management and project management required. Experience developing effective communication materials preferred. Experience working with virtual teams via online group meeting software, and comfort with learning systems and technologies preferred. Experience with program evaluation and survey design preferred. Experience with program and product development preferred. Grant writing experience preferred.
- Ability to research, review and understand government, journal, and other research or news articles and documents and translate that information while considering the audience’s learning levels and skills. Communicate effectively with clients, consultants, Emory University faculty and staff. Professional writing and oral communication skills are necessary to conduct Emory Centers’ business.
- Critical thinking and analytical thinking are needed to determine needs.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity and high-level of understanding using Adobe Connect, Zoom, or similar, Microsoft programs, especially PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with survey design tools (survey monkey, Quatrics) a plus. Able and willing to travel.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Job Number 30952
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Public Health
Department SPH: Behavrl Sciences & Health
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable
Job Category Business Operations
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its programs and activities. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Inquiries about this statement should be directed to the Office of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Bldg, Atlanta, GA 30322
- Emory University Jobs