Emory Healthcare/Emory University Research Specialist (Yerkes) in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Dedicated to discovering causes, prevention, treatments, and cures, Yerkes National Primate Research Center (NPRC) is fighting diseases and improving human health and lives worldwide. One of seven NPRCs funded by the NIH, Yerkes conducts studies that make breakthrough discoveries possible. Learn more at http://www.yerkes.emory.edu
The Department of Microbiology & Immunology at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center at Emory University is currently seeking a full time Research Specialist to join the laboratory of Dr. Arash Grakoui. The candidate should have an interest in immunology and virology and demonstrate organized oral and written communication skills, be able to sustain diverse activities simultaneously, have outstanding organizational skills, and be willing to follow established lab protocols and procedures with direction.
The ideal candidate should be motivated, dependable, detail-oriented, have a positive attitude and passion for research. The Research Specialist will be a team player who is willing to learn on the job and collaborate with lab members and center members. The Research Specialist will work to ensure the highest quality of laboratory research support, and has good communication skills with co-workers, the management team, PI’s, research staff, students, and other support services.
• Under general supervision, performs a variety of defined research and laboratory tests and experiments according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules.
• Sets up experiments as prescribed by a principal investigator.
• May be required to participate in laboratory maintenance activities such as sterilization and cleaning of equipment, ordering of supplies, inventory, and media preparation.
• Maintains records, files and logs of work performed in laboratory notebooks and computer databases.
• Compile data and records results of studies for publications, grants, and seminar presentations.
• Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
• Performs related responsibilities as required by principal investigator.
• Performs experiments related to mouse models.
• Bachelor's degree in a scientific field
equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
• Demonstrates outstanding working habits, including the ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Demonstrates ability to work in an animal research environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience working in a biosafety environment
• Demonstrates computer skills proficiency
• Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
• Work is normally performed in a typical laboratory environment
• Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING STATEMENT:
Yerkes NPRC in conjunction with Emory University conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which may include an INA and criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, drug screening, and health assessment. Employment is contingent upon a clear background screening.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 89515
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division Yerkes National Primate Resear
Department YRK: Microbiology & Immunology
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals., Working with animals., Working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials., Working with nonhuman primates (nhp), nhp tissue, body fluids or equipment contaminated by nhp.
Job Category Laboratory
Campus Location (For Posting) : City Atlanta
Location : Name Emory Campus-Clifton Corridor
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs