Emory Healthcare/Emory University Unit Clerk, FT, 7p-7:30a in Atlanta, Georgia
• Answers unit/department telephones and greets visitors according to departmental procedure; screens calls and takes messages or refers caller/visitor to appropriate staff member.
• May page staff member if necessary.
• Receives and transcribes physicians' orders according to established guidelines.
• Records, updates, and maintains information in patient records in accordance with department protocol and federal, state and organizational guidelines.
• Routes records to appropriate department or staff and maintains confidentiality of information.
• Operates standard office equipment including telephones, copiers, fax machines, and computers.
• Inventories, orders, and maintains office supplies and forms; completes purchase requisitions and receives supplies.
• Responds to patient requests via patient intercom system.
• Relays information to appropriate staff for immediate attention.
• Arranges for medical tests, supplies, equipment treatment and special dietary needs as ordered by a physician.
• Enters and retrieves data related to patient charges and supply orders to include daily reconciliation of patient charges to ensure accurate patient billing process.
• Performs related responsibilities as required.
• A high school diploma or equivalent.
• One year previous clerical experience and experience with various personal computer software applications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium Max 25lbs): up to 25 lbs, 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 25 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Division Emory Univ Hosp-Midtown
Campus Location Atlanta, GA, 30308
Campus Location US-GA-Atlanta
Department EHM Nephrology-52
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Job Number 73352
Job Category Clerical & Administrative
Standard Hours 36 Hours
Emory Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices and decisions. Emory Healthcare prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age (40 and over), disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs