Emory Healthcare/Emory University Vice Chair of Child Psychiatry in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future.We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Emory Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is in search of a Vice Chair of the Division of Child, Adolescent, and Young Adult Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific, day-to-day activities of the Vice Chair include:
• Oversee Division faculty (including Student Mental Health of Emory) and complete all their Annual Reviews
• Coordinate the child clinic (ages 0-25) with Administrative Staff and Nursing
• Manage and assign all space on second floor of EP12
• Attend all "Vice Chairs” weekly meetings
• Attend all Executive Committee monthly meetings
• Attend all departmental Recruitment Committee meetings
• Present at Faculty Meetings as requested by the Chair
• In conjunction with Chair, appoint Chair of all Division Faculty Search Committees
• The Director of Emory Autism Center will report to the Vice Chair of this Division
• Oversee the Director of the various programs in the Division (ENEC, CAMP, PCIT, SPRITE, and others)
• Engage in raising money via Atlanta philanthropy for various programs in Division (typically 750,000-800,000 per year); coordinate with Development Office staff
• Represent the Division to the DBHDD in GA
• Coordinate State of GA funding with Chair and the President’s Office
• Manage Division budgets with Accounting
• Coordinate miscellaneous staff issues that arise
• Engage in all Division hiring recommendations and related issues with HR
• Meet for hour each week with Chair
• Maintain and modify Strategic Plan for Division
• Mentor grant activities of all Division junior faculty
• Track Productivity Reports of clinical providers and given feedback on monthly basis regarding productivity and related items such as record keeping
• Serve as conduit for announcements from Chair and Administration to faculty and staff
• Engage in recruitment of trainees (Interns and Fellows) in Division
• Oversee Training Directors in Division
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 64852
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: Psych: Child Psych - CAMP
Location : Name Executive Park-N Druid Hills
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs