Emory Healthcare/Emory University Temporary Receptionist (ETS) in Decatur, Georgia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Greets visitors and callers and handles their inquiries or refers them to the appropriate employee. Takes and routes messages. Performs routine typing and generates correspondence. Opens and distributes mail; prepares and mails outgoing correspondence. Sets up organized files for correspondence, ensuring easy retrieval. Operates standard office equipment. May enter data into computer database. May operate a multi-line telephone console. May post and maintain information in public areas. Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or equivalent.
● Consistently provides exceptional customer service in a friendly, professional, courteous, proactive, and remarkable manner to all customers (internal and external) with a cooperative attitude and understanding demeanor; maintains a positive and productive working relationships with all internal and external customers; handles challenging situations tactfully.
● Maintains a general knowledge of TFGH staff and their functions to aid in proper direction of calls, visitors, and messages.
● Handles all receptionist duties in an efficient and timely manner including: welcoming, greeting and directing visitors with a warm smile, assisting customers, accepting deliveries, answering and screening phone calls, routing calls, recording accurate messages, properly communicating messages, may enter data into computer database, and perform other clerical and receptionist duties.
● Maintains neat appearance of the reception area; appropriately reports any needed maintenance and repairs; opens and secures the front office entrance daily according to schedule.
● Scans, saves, indexes, organizes, tracks, reviews, verifies, audits, and purges files, forms, documents, records, and other information with efficiency, accuracy and quality control.
● Compiles, prepares, updates, assembles verifies, proofreads, edits, audits, and distributes correspondence, letters, memos, materials, data, email communication, reports, forms,
packages, documents and system information.
● With guidance from the Talent Acquisition Partner, updates and maintains applicable human resources information and job boards.
● Assists with posting jobs on internal boars, and creating on-boarding folders for new hires.
● Opens and distributes mail; prepares and mails outgoing correspondence, and operates standard office equipment.
● Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
● Maintains employee and program directories.
Participates fully as a member of the Task Force for Global Health by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management.
High school diploma or equivalent.
● Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred with at least 1 year of relevant experience.
● Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Google suite.
● Excellent customer service and verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
● Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high volume environment, and must be adaptable to change.
● Ability to use good judgment, critical thinking skills, and follow instructions.
● Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
● Ability to effectively handle and maintain confidential matters and information.
● Ability to maintain a proactive approach to assignments and must be multi-task oriented.
● Exceptional time management and creativity with ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
● Maintains positive composure and consistently demonstrate professional demeanor.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Job Number 48485
Job Type Temporary Full-Time
Division Affiliated Organizations
Department Task Force for Global Health
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable
Job Category Clerical & Administrative
Location : Name Task Force for Global Health
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs