Emory Healthcare/Emory University Dept Asst, Nursing, FT, 7a-7:30p in Lithonia, Georgia
Heart. Soul. Expertise. That’s what defines an Emory Nursing Support professional. No matter where you are in your nursing career, when you chose this distinguished profession, you chose to change lives. We are proud to be the only health system in Georgia with four Magnet®- recognized hospitals: Emory University Orthopedics & Spine Hospital, Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Emory University Hospital, and Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
We’re looking for passionate nursing support professionals who are ready to join a team that’s redefining quality nursing care. As integral members of high-functioning, inter-professional teams, Emory Healthcare is on the frontline of care in our hospitals and operate with a full complement of specialties and the ability to care for medically complex patients.
We’ve got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
· Provides administrative support to nursing unit management by developing and updating daily staff schedules.
· Adjust work schedules to accommodate changing staff needs. Collects and reviews unit time records for accuracy, completeness, and procedural compliance.
· Notifies supervisor of discrepancies which require corrective action. May direct clerical activities within the unit. Identifies clerical staffing needs and provides training and guidance.
· Regularly assesses employee performance and provides feedback to employees concerning their performance.
· Participates in programs and projects which support the goals and objectives of the unit.
· Types correspondence, reports and/or manuscripts. May take dictation and transcribe from a machine.
· Answers department telephones and greets visitors according to departmental procedure; screens calls and takes messages or refers caller to appropriate staff member.
· Sets up, organizes, and maintains various departmental files according to established procedures.
· Posts daily schedules in designated locations. Files and maintains schedules for future reference.
· Retrieves appropriate information upon request for internal and external use.
· Checks equipment to ensure that it is operating properly; communicates materials maintenance requirements to the appropriate staff. Maintains accurate inspection logs to document findings and any required follow-up activity.
· Coordinates routine servicing of equipment; contacts appropriate vendor or service representative for required equipment repair. Oversees the timely delivery of linens, materials, supplies, and equipment to ensure immediate availability of commonly used items. Maintains documentation related to delivery services and reports any problems to supervisor.
· Operates standard office equipment including telephones, copiers, fax machines, and computers. Inventories, orders, and maintains office supplies and forms.
· Completes purchase requisitions and receives supplies.
· Projects departmental expenditures and collects pricing information.
· Initiates corrective action for mischarged items and maintains budgetary records. Receives and distributes employee paychecks; returns checks which have not been collected to Payroll.
· Verifies the accuracy of charges for patient services and maintains related departmental records. Maintains purchase orders, verifies the accuracy of supply deliveries and related charges, and acknowledges the receipt of items for invoice approval. Monitors service contracts to ensure contractual compliance.
· Collects unit data following prescribed policies and procedures and assists in data analysis. Maintains records pertaining to unit operations including confidential personnel records, time sheets, financial accounting, budget, correspondence, supplies and equipment. Coordinates preparation and processing of employee information, human resources action forms, and time cards. Participates in the orientation of new employees; familiarizes them with unit and administrative policies and procedures. Provides computer training to unit staff or others.
· Acts as a liaison for unit personnel. Attends and participates in departmental meetings, circulates memos, posts announcements, and keeps staff informed of any operational changes which may impact their work. May hold regular meetings with clerical staff to discuss issues and concerns affecting unit operations.
· A high school diploma or equivalent.
· Three years of clerical or secretarial experience which includes one year of experience in a hospital or healthcare environment. One year of computer experience which includes experience with word processing, database management or spreadsheet applications.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Division Hillandale Hosp Emory
Campus Location Lithonia, GA, 30058
Campus Location US-GA-Lithonia
Department HILL-3rd Floor Medical
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Job Number 81614
Job Category Clerical & Administrative
Standard Hours 36 Hours
Emory Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices and decisions. Emory Healthcare prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age (40 and over), disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs